Search This Blog

Saturday, April 29, 2006

TODAY BELONGS TO SV1 BUT WHERE IS MANDAKINI




Guys, This is SV1 entrance.... The student village where I stay in ISB...

Four years ago, I said goodbye to Mandakini. The very name "Mandakini" takes me to the golden period of my life... the place where I met those people whom I can never forget.... where I made those friendship which I can only dream to create again....where I learnt how to dream.... where I learnt what it means to win in life... But alas.... I am no more in our sweet "Mandak",my undergrad hostel......

And I heard that they are going to demolish Mandak..... It has been in the agenda for quite sometime. Come rainy season and Mandak is in the mercy of rain God..... And since the last two years, Mandak has been suffering terribly in the rainy season....perhaps thats why they plan to demolish the current structure and shift it to a new location.... I know it is all for the good... But kya karen... yeh dil hai ke manta nahin. Is it possible for me to visit my undergrad college and not say hi to Room No. 211,215,207,226 and 364. No choice buddy... thats life.

5 comments:

Vinay Pandey said...

Sabya, I see where u r coming from but that's life. I'm sure that the new Mandak will be even better....the body may transform but the soul lives on....

Sabyasachi said...

Capt. Vinay.. I just hope so

Wundergal said...

Sabya, I know the feelings u relate to a hostel room.. and I can understand how much it must hurt...I know becos I was denied permission to enter my own hostel where I lived 4 years...But life goes on!!
-S

Sabyasachi said...

Soumya.. very true.. all these are a part of life..we have to live with our memories sometimes...

Sumedh V. Vidwans said...

Hello there;

Just stumbled across your blog. I am a current 4th year resident of your beloved Mandakini hostel.
Pleased to tell you; it is still standing. :-)
Although; plans are on to bring it down by the end of the next semester

Sumedh