Search This Blog

Thursday, February 22, 2007

MY DAY

Finally I was offered a role which is relatively close to what I wanted to do. A mix of operation, finance and mid-management level strategy, this job is titled “Manager, Planning (International Division)”. Package is more than last year’s average… (I guess this year’s average might be too high to beat). Considering the fact that, this role was offered to me by a leading Indian conglomerate in diversified business, I guess it should be a pretty challenging …from hiring and forming my team… to completion and delivery of projects to international clients.

Now that, I am relatively free, I should try to put down my experience of placements in the next few mails…of course don’t expect the numbers….the placement cell of ISB has done all the hard work, so none other than ISB should come up with the official numbers.

I will try to picture out some of the salient features of my …and just my….experience. And the first and the most important tip to the students entering next batch is

“DONOT ACCEPT ANY JOB JUST TO GET OUT OF THE PRESSURE (remember the phrase “tolerance for ambiguity”)…TAKE YOUR TIME…SEARCH FOR THE RIGHT JOB…..DONOT COMPROMISE WITH THE VALUE YOU THINK YOU ARE WORTH.

8 comments:

Jayan R Nair said...

Congrats Sabyasachi..

Anonymous said...

Congrats Sabya. Kemonnacchhe........

Anonymous said...

Congrats Sabyasachi!!!

Sabyasachi said...

Thanks a lot Jayan, Rohit and Swetha

AD said...

Hi Sabya!

This is good news. Many congratulations!

Hope you get a better one, which matches your expectations even more closely.

Regards,
Abhinav

Anonymous said...

Congrates Sabya!
Deb

Anonymous said...

Hello Sabya ,
I have been trying to search for my friend's status on placement. His Name is Akshay Hiranandani.
Do you have any news on that.
Would be thankful if you could pass on some info on that to ssnagrota@yahoo.com

Cheers
Rohit

Sabyasachi said...

Thanks a lot Deb and Abhi

Rohit...I think Akshay is already placed witht a leading financial organisation...not very sure in which one though...