Search This Blog

Thursday, September 27, 2007

BUTTERFLY

I like to read blogs of other people…. the old ones remind me of my past and the new ones introduce me to different people, though it is a kind of one sided introduction…but whatever be the case, this exposes me to the thoughts of other people….

Lately, I was reading a blog, where the writer had written about certain things, which can be easily summed up to one single word…and that is “loneliness”. I doubt if there is any sane soul in this world who has managed to escape this syndrome…. I don’t know if it is right to say that introverts are more lonely than extroverts…In fact, my little experience makes me believe that extroverts get more lonely than introverts…. it is always easier for introverts to recharge themselves back….

There can be different reasons for loneliness…career aspirations, heartbreaks, a sudden loss…. and even at times…no clear reason…. sometimes we just don’t realize why we are lonely, even though we are surrounded by people and activities…. May be the factor is directly related to our inner connection to the exterior world….

Now…. everyone, at times, feels lonely…. and I feel that a person should be smart enough to realize what to do if she faces this feeling…One way is to move deeper into ones own shell…. and I feel that’s not the right thing to do…after all, the days of life are limited…. and each day of individual brooding can lead to loss of such precious moments…which with little effort can turn very beautiful….

Now…the second and perhaps the right thing to do when one realizes that she is getting lonely…is to get out of own shell…. instead look deeper into the exterior world…. reconnect back with long lost friends (just because time did not permit earlier)…. make new friends…world is full of amazing people…try to know as many of these wonderful people as possible…try to be a part of the joy and sorrow of other people…if possible help someone…. learn something different…try something new…enjoy the walk over the sunset…. have a walk to the mountains (or hills) or anything different……if the sea is close, then spend some time in the beach, listening to the breaking waves….enjoy the star studded night sky…..feel the infiniteness in everything…..and then ask yourself…. “Am I still feeling lonely”?

And let me quote something, which I liked a lot “Life is like a butterfly, you can either chase it, or let it come to you”…

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Introverts enjoy solitude
Extroverts call it loneliness
There is a lot of difference between the two

Moving deeper into ones own shell might even lead to tons of introspection and a whole world of realization might dawn on you

'have a walk to the mountains (or hills) or anything different……if the sea is close, then spend some time in the beach, listening to the breaking waves'... that is what is called solitude, eternal bliss..

Cutting off from the world and connecting to yourSELF is a beauty by itself

In sorrow, in pain, when life’s so screwed,
Caboodles of strength he imbued.
In joy, in love, when laughter hued,
He watched in silence my childlike mood.
Years have passed, no joust, no feud;
Always in harmony, me and my solitude.

Cheers,
N

Sabyasachi said...

N...believe me...if you were infront of me now...i would have raised a toast for you with my favorite red wine....

i liked what you wrote...and will like to talk more with u....and our discussion will be named "the poet and the realist"

keep commenting....

Anonymous said...

Sabya, you got me high on the phrase 'the poet and the realist'.. not your red wine ;). Couldn't have put it better. Just a phrase, an idea or a thought makes my day... What am I twaddling??? Must be the hangover ;)..
-N

Sabyasachi said...

nicely put.....N :)

Anshuman said...

Interesting post.I have never felt lonely in my life and that cud be bcoz i hav like a million friends here...any and every weekend is party time wid frenz..but if at all i ever face such a situation i'm sure yr post will be of gr8 help :)
just curious...u used "she" in the last few paragraphs as an example of a lonely person..any special reason or is it just a tacit message to somebody

Sabyasachi said...

Anshuman...

the reason is that these days the trend is to use "she" to reflect any person...hihi

Sabya

pre-tea said...

Sabyascahi...
liked ur bolg very much ....and i fully agree to this..
introverts like solitude..
extroverts call it lonliness...

I make it a point to have some time for myself atleast once in a week...although most of the time is spent catching up with old friends..

Infact your style of writing is quite similar to one of my friends..who , coincidently is called Sabyasachi..:)..
guess its in the name..!!!
All the best!

Sabyasachi said...

pre-tea...
(i liked ur name)

so nice of u....

well....did u check if ur friend is not me....just kidding :)

well....my little experience says me again that introverts dont enjoy solitude always....and extroverts dont call solitude as loneliness always...

Rajendranath and Me. said...

Wow! This simply Superb.