Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

THICK SKINNED PACHYDERMS

One interesting aspect of spending fourteen hours a day awake in a place like Mumbai is getting introduced to a variety of breeds of people. Imagine, you meet hundreds of people with whom you interact on a daily basis....

Now, there is one class of people whose typical traits have irritated me in the past but have impressed me with time. Come whatever may, these people so easily swim through their daily rituals without any exterior influence. Their emotions hold zero correlation with the judgment of their critics. They are happy creatures with limited capability to empathize with lesser mortals. They are well versed with the rules of mortal success.

I don’t know if it’s a compliment….but I do feel it makes sense to develop this special trait of a “thick-skinned pachyderm”…at least on a case-by-case basis. A colleague of mine from my previous workplace used this term frequently to target certain people who were just intolerable by being what they were. Today, I hold these individuals with higher respect.

No comments: